When: Saturday, Mar 18, 9:00am-4:00pm
Where: The Hampton Inn
Instructor: is the founder of Writing It Real, an online community and resource center for those who write from personal experience.
By working with images, metaphor, simile, story structure and our own moods as writers, we’ll produce the kind of starts and kernels useful for finishing poems, stories, short memoir and even book-length work. The instructor will be sure to propose where you will take your writing starts next after our class day ends. Many of the exercises are based on ones in the instructor’s book, Writing in a Convertible with the Top Down.
Join us for a day:
- to enjoy free writing that takes you somewhere new
- to experience the value of metaphor and simile for finding deeper meaning
- to create successful structures for short and longer work from small starts
- to learn techniques that keep your writing from being boring
- to learn how to use other’s writing strategies to benefit your writing
Bring your iPhone or iPad, charging cable and plug, case, plus paper and pen for notes, and earbuds or headphones for personal listening.
Register for Writing in a Convertible with the Top Down
Online registration has been closed for this class. Please call (520) 777-5817 for availability.