Give Your Regards to Broadway in 2018!
Opportunities to Travel to New York City!
Join Richard Hanson (Professor Emeritus and creator of the nationally known Musical Theatre Program at the University of Arizona), for a New York City tour full of exciting theatre performances, parks, museums and unique dining with visits to New York treasures new and old.
Spring Tour: May 8 – 14, 2018
First Fall Tour: October 2 – 8, 2018
Second Fall Tour: October 9 – 15, 2018
Reserve your place today!
Stay 6 nights at the historic Warwick Hotel, built in 1926 by William Randolph Hearst for the love of his life, actress Marion Davies. The hotel is steps away from Rockefeller Plaza, Central Park, The Museum of Modern Art, Broadway theatres and Fifth Avenue shopping.
Cost: $3,985 per person (based on double occupancy)
$1,300 single supplement
Includes: Four Broadway shows, six hotel nights, daily breakfast allowance at the Warwick, two lunches, two dinners, post-theatre transportation, scheduled museum admissions, tours and more. (Airfare not included.)
THIS SPRING take your seat for four of Broadway’s hottest new shows including:
Carousel – “One of the most hallowed works of the American stage” (The New York Times), returns to Broadway for the first time in more than two decades. Rodgers & Hammerstein’s timeless musical Carousel comes to life in a new production starring Tony Award® nominee Joshua Henry (Hamilton, Shuffle Along), Tony winner Jessie Mueller (Beautiful, Waitress), and Renée Fleming in her first-ever appearance in a Broadway musical. Three-time Tony winner Jack O’Brien directs, with choreography by New York City Ballet’s Justin Peck.
Hamilton – From the creative team behind the Tony Award-winning In the Heights comes a wildly inventive new musical about the scrappy young immigrant who forever changed America: Alexander Hamilton. Tony, Grammy, and Emmy Award winner Lin-Manuel Miranda tells the story of the unlikely founding father determined to make his mark on a new nation as hungry and ambitious as he is.
Hello, Dolly! – Bernadette Peters will take over the lead role in this new production directed by four-time Tony Award® winner Jerry Zaks. Choreographed by Warren Carlyle, the revival of Hello, Dolly! broke the record for best first day of ticket sales in Broadway history and has remained a coveted seat since it opened in April. Also starring Gavin Creel and Victor Garber, the staging won four Tonys.
Plus one more show to be selected by Professor Hanson
The Spring Tour activities include:
- A visit to the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the new exhibit Public Parks, Private Gardens – Paris to Provence – illustrating French parks and gardens in works by artists from Corot to Matisse.
- A behind the scenes tour of the iconic Radio City Music Hall and a visit with a Rockette.
- Time to enjoy the view from the Top of the Rock and lunch in Rockefeller Center.
- A train trip to the New York Botanical Gardens and a gourmet lunch at the Hudson Garden Grill.
- A pre-theatre dinner at Sardi’s, a long-standing Theatre District favorite.
- Time to enjoy the glorious spring color in Central Park.
- A farewell dinner at Remi’s to celebrate the highlights of the week.